"A Court of Thorns and Roses" by Sarah J. Maas [Book Review]

"Be glad of your human heart, Feyre. Pity those who don't feel anything at all."

Content

Feyre's survival rests upon her ability to hunt and kill – the forest where she lives is a cold, bleak place in the long winter months. So when she spots a deer in the forest being pursued by a wolf, she cannot resist fighting it for the flesh. But to do so, she must kill the predator and killing something so precious comes at a price …
Dragged to a magical kingdom for the murder of a faerie, Feyre discovers that her captor, his face obscured by a jewelled mask, is hiding far more than his piercing green eyes would suggest. Feyre's presence at the court is closely guarded, and as she begins to learn why, her feelings for him turn from hostility to passion and the faerie lands become an even more dangerous place. Feyre must fight to break an ancient curse, or she will lose him forever.

My opinion

Where do I start? Maybe with the fact that I was stupid not reading this book for so long. I've wanted to read it since it came out in 2015 but for some reasons I didn't do it. And after the book made it to my shelf it took me half a year to start it and then another four months to read it. I know, four months is a very long time but I needed this time as English isn't my mother tong and the language in 'A Court of Thorns and Roses' isn't that easy as it is in other books.
  What I can say is that I adored this book! Everyone needs to read it even they haven't so because in my eyes Sarah J. Maas is a queen of writing. Her style of writing is amazing and you just can't put the book away even if you want to. Reading in English makes me tired fast because I need to concentrate more than while reading German books. But with this book I wanted to read on even though I was tired. I needed to froce myself to stop reading because other wise I would have been exhausted after reading the book. 
But if I'm honest the beginning of the book didn't catch me right away. Some parts weren't that interesting but the further I kept reading the better the book got. Especially the last pages killed me. Even though you didn't have a huge cliffhanger like other books, I was 100% sure that I needed to read on. I was happy that I already had bought book two before finishing book one. 
Coming to the characters: at first I didn't like Feyre that much but it changed throughout the book. I finally liked her and now - after having read the book - she's an amazing character to me. She's such a strong character and went through so many things. Tamlin also is really cute. All the Things he kept doing for Feyre melted my heart more and more and towards the ending I had fallen for him, even though I had been spoilered about certain things - especially certain things about Rhysand. Talking About Rhysand. He seemed really weird to me. Like really weird. I actually couldn't understande him. In the beginning I didn't like him at all but then I started liking him more - but not more than Tamlin.
And another thing: I didn't expect things to come the way they did. Like suddenly everything took a turn and I was left with my mouth open. That's what I love the most About reading a book. If it leaves me with my mouth open, it's a really good one! 

Rating

All in all I can say that 'A Court of Thorns and Roses' is amazing and if you haven't read it yet, you just have to do it! I'm rating it with 4 out of 5 stars.
Yours szebra

About the book

Title: A Court of Thorns and Roses
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Publisher: Bloomsbury UK
Release date: 5th May 2015
Price: £14.99 (Hardback); £7.99 (Paperback); £7.67 (eBook)
Pages: 419
Age recommendation: 15 and up

The author

Sarah J. Maas is the author of the New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series, as well as the New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses and A Court of Mist and Fury. A New York native, Sarah currently lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and dog.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

"The Love Hypothesis" von Ali Hazelwood [Rezension]

"Language of War, Language of Peace: Palestine, Israel and the Search for Justice" von Raja Shehadeh [Rezension]

"The Human Condition" von Hannah Arendt [Rezension]